Media Fact Sheet & Resume
Rob Sullivan's media fact sheet includes listing of selected media appearances, speaking engagements, and publications. Also includes a brief resume.
To set up an interview, contact Rob Sullivan: 312-543-8242 or
Email:Use Contact Form.
"Rob Sullivan has been a repeat guest on NBC 5 Chicago because he has the ability to transform a 3-minute segment into an inspiring experience for viewers. Any producer looking to motivate, inform, and entertain the audience should have Rob Sullivan as a guest. He's charismatic, passionate, and he genuinely cares about helping people."
--Matt Piacente, Executive Producer, NBC 5 Chicago
Media Fact Sheet
Author of "Getting Your Foot in the Door When You Don't Have
a Leg to Stand On" (McGraw-Hill) releases new eBook,
RIFProofingSM Your Career: How to Protect and Keep Your Job
in Any Economy targeting employees and companies alike.
- The 4 biggest mistakes people make when layoff rumors begin circulating.
- Employees are NOT powerless. Just the opposite. Employees are often the ones who, through their ability to quantify and communicate accomplishments, make the ultimate decision regarding their own job security.
- You cannot count on companies to know what you have done. It's not their job to track that. It's yours.
- It would be easy to see other employees as competition in this game of corporate musical chairs. Some companies even seem to encourage this. This is a mistake. Instead, Rob's eBook teaches specific strategies to help you become a cheerleader for your colleagues. This strategy will pay much bigger dividends now and down the road.
- If companies had a better way to help employees track their own accomplishments, they would make different decisions regarding layoffs.
- Why annual-and even semi-annual-performance reviews aren't good enough.
- Most companies have NO IDEA who is on their team. They know general job descriptions, but they don't know accomplishments.
- Companies can and should be doing more to understand the depth and breadth of the talent on their teams. It would: 1) Increase profitability, 2) Improve performance, and 3) Boost morale.
Special Offer for Your Viewers:
If your station is interested, a special promo page (e.g., www.rifproofing.com/StationXYZ) can be created as a service to your viewers. This page will offer your viewers a significant discount.
Sample Interview Questions:
- Rob, some of what you say in here is bound to be controversial. When you worked in outplacement, you saw the companies as the ones to blame for the poor decisions about what positions to eliminate. Now you believe employees-even strong performers-are responsible for their own layoffs. How can this be?
- You said companies have no idea who is working for them. How is this possible?
- How much blame do you think companies deserve for making the decisions that ultimately impact good employees?
- You talk about the 4 biggest mistakes employees make when layoff rumors circulate. What are two of those?
- Why is it that even semi-annual performance reviews not enough when it comes to helping employees track their performance?
- What are two steps companies could take to help employees avoid career-damaging mistakes and make more informed decisions when considering a layoff?
- Why is it important for people to take themselves out of the equation when assessing their own efforts?
MEDIA RÉSUMÉ FOR ROB SULLIVAN
CAREER CONSULTING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Hired as a speaker by Northwestern University 31 times in the last 8 years alone.
- Placed 33 candidates in 18 months as a headhunter. Candidates
ranged from executive to entry-level.
- Led outplacement trainings for clients including Comdisco, Cap
Gemini Ernst & Young, McDonald's, and Sears.
- Stellar Performers Award - Received award for 97% or higher customer satisfaction after just 3 months.
- Getting Your Foot in the Door When You Don't Have a Leg to Stand On (McGraw-Hill, 4th printing)
- Replacing top-selling What Color is Your Parachute? as textbook in college career development courses.
- www.TheLadders.com - Monthly contributor (2008 - Present)
Author of 7 career-related eBooks including:
- RIFProofingSM Your Career: How To Protect And Keep Your Job In Any Economy
- Résumé Bullets Don't Work!
- How To Turn An Info Interview Into An Offer
- Selling Yourself Without Bragging
Wrote book-length tutorial on option trading for www.optionsXpress.com
ON-CAMERA (TELEVISION INTERVIEWS - HIGHLIGHTS)
||Guest Sales Coach||NBC (National show)||Kara Hogan/Assoc. Prod.|
|The Morning News
||Ask The Expert||NBC 5 Chicago||Nesita Kwan|
|The Morning News
||You Ask, We Answer||WGN-TV Chicago||Larry Potash|
|The Morning News||Author Interview
||NBC-TV Flagstaff, AZ||Joe Dana|
|The Sunday Morning Show||Author Interview||ABC 7 Chicago||Janet Davies
|The Morning News
||NBC 5 Chicago||Natalie Martinez
|The Stock Market Observer||Author Interview||WCIU-TV Chicago: Ch. 26 (four 20-min. interviews)||Steve Ruxton|
|CLTV News||Author Interview||CLTV/Chicago (3x)||Various
WEBINARS / DVDs
|The Career Elevator™: Featured as 1 of 7 experts on this 4-DVD set for people in transition.||CPO Direct, Inc.|
|Unlocking The Hidden Value of Your Story - Interviewing Webinar||www.InterviewStream.com|
|Career Development Webinars (5x)
||Northwestern University Alumni Assoc.|
|Networking Webinar (3x)
|Keynote Speaker||Brooks Institute of Photography||Victoria Hall
||Santa Barbara, CA|
||American Intercontinental University||Atlanta Symphony Hall: 1,100+||Atlanta, GA|
|Keynote Speaker||International Academy of Design & Tech.||Arie Crown Theater: 1,200+||Chicago, IL|
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS (HIGHLIGHTS)
|TAP Pharmaceuticals||Trainer||What To Say About Yourself When Other People Are Listening|
|Merrill Lynch||Trainer/Consultant||Relationship Building: Financial Advisors||Sales Department|
||Various Professional Devel (Résumé, Self-Assessment)||Org. Devel./IT|
||Quarterly Meeting: Becoming a Trusted IT Advisor||Executive Team
Colleges & Universities
|Northwestern University||28 speaking engagements over the past 6 years alone|
|Delta Sigma Pi
||6-hour Workshop||DePaul University (DSP- Professional Fraternity)||Delta Sigma Pi|
|Career Development||Featured Speaker||University of Virginia/Charlottesville (2x)||Career Services|
|PRSSA Regional Conf.||Conference Speaker||University of Northern Iowa et al.||PRSSA|
|Career Development||Featured Speaker||Northern Arizona University||Career Services|
|Career Week||Keynote Speaker||Niagara University||Career Services|
||Keynote Speaker||Daemen College
Associations & Professional Groups
|Career Development||Featured speaker||Finance Leaders Assoc. - C-level execs (2x)|
|Professional Development||Keynote speaker||Soc. for Human Resource Professionals - SHRP (2x)|
|Career Development||Featured speaker||Financial Execs. Networking Group - FENG (2x)|
|Professional Development||Featured speaker||Organ. Development Networking Group|
||Conference Speaker||Direct Marketing Assoc. of Washington, DC|
|Corporate Recruiting||Conference Speaker||Direct Marketing Assoc. of Washington, DC|
||Keynote Speaker||Chicago Assoc.of Direct Marketing|
||Women's Advertising Club of Chicago (2x)|
RADIO INTERVIEWS (HIGHLIGHTS)
Over 50 radio interviews in U.S. and Canada including Wall Street Journal Radio (Network Broadcast),
CBS Radio, and The Jack Diamond Morning Show (WRQX-FM/Washington, DC).
Repeat guest on multiple stations.
Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism, M.S. Advertising
College of the Holy Cross, B.A. Psychology
Brooks Institute of Photography, Honorary M.S. Photography
Child Life Volunteer, Children's Memorial Medical Center, Chicago 1984 - present
(Youngest volunteer to reach 25 years of service)